Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Strange New World

Hello blogging world! For my first posts title I decided to use the name of an episode from an old radio show from the 50's, because, well, this is a Strange New World! In this blog I'm going to be writing about guitars, music, recording, gear, and whatever else I happen to write about. If you think about it, the world we live in is truly a Strange New World, what with technology advancing at the rate it is. There's guitars that tune themselves, and with auto-tune you don't even have to be able to sing now. If you have an idea, forget pen and paper, there's bound to be some electronic device in your pocket to write/record it, be it cellphone or MP3 player, which are more like mini computers now. I have nothing against technology, and I'm actually writing this on my iPhone. I enjoy technology, but the rate at which it advances at times can be dizzying. You can buy a top-of-the-line laptop, and a year later, almost bottom of the line. While not the rule, it happens more often then not. I could ramble about this for quite some time, but I think it's time to wrap up this post. So till next time, which could be days or minutes, whenever I feel inspired, so long! Oh, and if you feel in the mood for some old radio, A Strange New World by The Mysterious Traveller is worth looking up, although it is slightly odd, unless you encounter 20 foot tall crabs quite often....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats your favorite guitar brand?